Thursday, February 3, 2011

Packers vs. Steelers Cookies Part I

Vanilla-Almond Sugar Cookies
3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 c sugar
2 sticks (salted) butter, cold
1 egg
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine the flour and baking powder, set aside.

Cream the sugar and butter. Add the egg and extracts and mix. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat just until combined, scraping down the bowl, especially the bottom.

The dough will be crumbly, so knead it together with your hands as you scoop it out of the bowl for rolling.

Roll onto a floured surface and cut into shapes. Place on parchment lined baking sheets (I recommend freezing the cut out shape on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before baking) and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let sit a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.



I tried to add more pictures but blogspot is acting up. But anyway, this recipe is to be continued. I will ice the cookies tomorrow night. I will paint them on Saturday. We will eat them on Sunday but first admire them before we dig in! :)

Click here to go to see how the cookies get glazed, iced and frosted. 




I'm sharing this recipe with:






3 comments:

  1. "real" football season is just around the corner and I am EXCITED!!!

    Of course, I love college the best, but I'll settle for the NFL too.

    Cute cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Keetha! I LOVE college football. I love the sound of the band, fans and the games themselves on Saturday. Awwwww, 'tis the season!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...

    Well, I hate to admit it but I'm not a real fan of football...but...I DO love cookies! Hehe! Girlfriend, I am definitely saving your recipe to my computer. This is the first time that I have seen a sugar cookie recipe with almond flavoring and I love almond! Thanks so much for sharing it with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this past weekend! Mmmm...wishing I had one of your cookies right now! Hehe!

    So sorry that I am just now getting by for a visit. Maybe things will settle down a bit this Autumn...hoping so!

    Warmest summery wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...