Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bavarian Raspberry Cream Pie by Julia Child















1 baked cooled pie shell (9 inch)
2 pints raspberries
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons gelatin
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups of whipped cream

Crush 1 quart (roughly 2 pints) raspberries and add one cup of sugar. Let stand ½ hour. Soak 2 tablespoons of gelatin in 3 tablespoons of water, dissolve in 3 tablespoons of boiling water. Stir into berries. Add one tablespoon lemon juice. When almost set, fold in 2 cups of whipped cream.Pour into pie shell and cool. Sprinkle top with granola, coconut, chocolate shavings, or more whipped cream and fresh berries.

PARTAKERS: Don, Grandma and myself
APPROVALS: Yes, yes and eh
MY COMMENTS: I hate seeds. I knew I wouldn't like it only because of the seeds but then I had other reasons. It has potential and again, I believe it was my fault. I didn't "fold" it in completely and every now then I would taste a chunk of gelatin. It was also way too tart for me. Grandma enjoyed it but Don, he was {{{CRAZY}}} about it and said it's the best pie he'd ever eaten!! I"m like, "huh?" The seeds don't bother him, he doesn't think it's too tart and says that this pie will carry him over until Thanksgiving when we have pumpkin pies. Oh well, as long as he's happy, I'm happy :) ~ iSavor the Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...