Monday, August 19, 2013

Peach Crisp



Recipe by Anne Burrell

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.

For the filling:
Toss the peaches in a large bowl with the zest and lemon juice.


Add the rest of the filling ingredients


and stir to combine


Divide the filling evenly between the ramekins.  In my case I had to use three medium sized individual serving baking dishes.

FOR THE TOPPING:


Combine all the ingredients in a food processor except the water.  Pulse until combined.  Add water 1 tablespoon at a time . . .


until mixture is crumbly.


Top each ramekin (or baking dishes) with the topping.  Be sure to loosely sprinkle the topping and do not pack down.


Place the ramekins (or bowls) on a sheet tray and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (I had to bake them for 35 minutes because I used three bigger baking dishes)


or bake until brown and bubbly. Set aside to cool or serve with ice-cream.


I love my sister.  I miss my sister.  She's hundred of miles away and I know she would have enjoyed this dessert.  I will think of her with each bite.

Hubby and I enjoyed and shared one of these dishes.  Every flavor jumped out like the peaches, tart lemon, the brown sugar, the crunchy almonds and oats.  What a delicious way to celebrate the almost end of summer.  I'm so done with summer and can't wait until it's gone!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...