Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Party's Over . . . . .

Well, what a whirlwind of a weekend!  It started out by Friday being a "snowday" so instead of having a regular two-day weekend it ended up being a three-day weekend...hey, that's ok, I'll take it.  Elise took up the kitchen on Saturday ~ Superbowl Eve.  She made her Mardi-Gras King Cake and her Bruschetta bread ~ all from scratch.  When she got done, I went in and made yet ANOTHER Bavarian Raspberry Cream Pie for guess who? (See original pie entry in January 2010).   Around mid-night I had just gotten to bed and then decided to put the pork meat and sauce in the crockpot.  I'm sooooo glad I did, as it was so tender and delicious.  Everything we planned for we made so all in all in was a success.  I believe I looked forward to the game as much as I did the food.  Company arrived just before the game started and I couldn't get the food on the table fast enough.  What a thrill it was to see the Saints win like I wanted them to!!  Congratulations WHO DAT Nation!! :)  May the world now SEE your fight, your struggle, your hope and redemption. ~ I most definitely savored my three-day weekend :)  (I will post all the recipes for these dishes first chance I get).




Pork on a bun









The Big Easy Jambalaya


Paula Deen's Creamy Macaroni and Cheese


Bruschetta











Alton's Hot Wings








Mardi Gras King Cake


 The Crew
Trey, Chris, Selby
Elise and Amie


Drew Brees - MVP
Superbowl Champion XLIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...