Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cous-Cous for lunch

1 box cous-cous plain or flavored (cook the whole box according to package, flavor water with chicken bouillon to water)
1/2 cup of dry lentil beans (cook according to pkg. directions, flavor water with chicken bouillon)
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 small can sliced black olives
3 scallions - sliced and diced
Salt & pepper

Once the cous-cous and lentils beans are done cooking.  Let cool down.  In a large bowl, mix the cous-cous, lentils beans together and then add the rest of the ingredients.  Mix well but gently, you don't want to turn the cous-cous into mush.

I didn't have an exciting weekend of whipping something new and wonderful in the kitchen.  Although on Saturday I did make my "Mi Arroz con Pollo".  This is what I made later today just because this will be my lunch for most of the week.  Believe me, this tastes better and better as each day goes bye and I'm looking forward to my lunches at work this week :)  ~isavortheweekend

Spent most of my Saturday morning helping at the office with the football walk-on tryouts. We only had a hand full of slots open (which is typical in the Fall) but had 52 guys come out for the tryouts.  As my hubby (he went with me so that he can have some "male bonding" with his buddies down in the equipment room) and I sat on the bleachers watching these give it their all, I wished that somehow the skies would open up and start playing the theme from one of the best movies ever, "RUDY".  Rudy in the movie walked onto the Notre Dame football team back in the early 70's after trying to get on for several years.  He wasn't gifted with an athletic body and talent but boy did he ever have "heart" and was deeply committed to his role on the practice squad.  He allowed himself to get beat up day after day after day at football practice.  He was finally given a chance to play in a game of his last season and ......and well, as they say, the rest is history.  It's my favorite football movie, the music score by Jerry Goldsmith is just as amazing!!  So, yea, football season is here!  WOOHOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...