Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers


2 lbs. hamburger meat
1 can of crushed pineapples
1 egg
1/4-1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs
1 tsp. dry garlic
Salt & pepper
1 bottle of your favorite Teriyaki sauce (I'm using Wegmans brand)

Pour the can of crushed pineapples into a medium saucepan under medium heat.  Let simmer.

In the meantime, combine the meat, egg, dry garlic, bread crumbs, and  the salt and pepper.  I don't usually like to use my hands when combining burger meat but in this case, I just had to.  It's the only way to combine the ingredients thoroughly and completely.

As most of the liquid in the pineapples evaporates, add half a bottle of the Teriyaki sauce.  Stir and simmer once again until most of the liquid has evaporated once again.  Move away from heat and let set to cool.

Add a 1/4 cup of the Teriyaki sauce to the meat and once again, mix thoroughly and completely.  Then make six patties.

Place patties on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.  Make an indention in the middle of each patty.  The indention allows the patties to cook evenly - yes that's right, even Guy Fieri says so.....and if Guy does it, you can't go wrong!

Plus the indention serves as a reservoir for a scoop of the pineapple teriyaki sauce.

Take the patties to the grill.  Lay patties meat side down first, grill for about 7-10 minutes.  Turn patties over and dollop some more of the pineapple teriyaki sauce on top of each patty.  

Dab each patty with some of the leftover teriyaki sauce from the bottle.  Cook patties for another 7-10 minutes.

After you're done admiring these lovely patties......DIG IN!!!!

I got this idea a couple of weeks ago when my husband and I went to Red Robin for lunch.  It was such a good burger - the best I'd ever eaten so I knew I would have to go home and try to make it myself.  Not to brag, but they came out very good!  I might want to add a little less garlic powder next time as I felt if was a little to garlicky but other than that the garlic fit in with the Asian flavor from the teriyaki sauce.  I would have put in some fresh ginger if I had it but I didn't.  I'm still curious how that will taste with the ginger, so I'm going to have to make sure I have some on hand next time I make these burgers.  My hubby and grandma enjoyed  the burgers as I did too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...