Monday, July 16, 2012

Twice Baked Potatoes by PW

adapted from PW's 2nd cookbook, ".....Food from My Frontier"

12 new potatoes, scrubbed clean
2 tbsps. olive oil
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 tbsp. minced chives
1 garlic cloves, finely minced
Salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375F degrees

Place potatoes on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil

I don't buy pre-shredded cheese anymore.  I shred it myself which only takes a few seconds and the results are so much fresher and better

Combine the cream cheese, sour cream with the cheese, then add the chives and minced garlic.  Combine well and set aside.

 When the potatoes are done set aside to cool.

While the potatoes are cooling, I grilled some steak that I had marinating

When the potatoes are cool, split in half and scoop out the middle, leaving a margin.  

Combine the potatoes with the cream cheese mixture

Stuff the potato cheese mixture into the potato shells.  Bake in oven for another 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with a grilled steak and a vegie

I'm still on vacation but at the tail end of it.  Staying home and piddling around the house is my idea of taking it easy and just enjoying being home.  My favorite thing to do is cook so I go all out.  Hubby called this a weekend meal and he's right, I wouldn't dare tackle something this extravagant on a regular workday.  Another thing we do is eat early, we have our big meal for lunch, that way I'm free to do what I want the rest of the day, especially if I'm working on a project. 

As many know, I am a big Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond fan.  I love many of her recipes, I love her style and wit.  She's great! - Anyways, these potatoes were awesome even though I did need to put them in the microwave because they needed to cook a little longer.  The cheeses and the chives made these potatoes so scrumptious and what a great compliment with my steak. 

Enjoying my "stay"cation and savoring every moment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...