Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just in Time for the BIG Day


So yea, I'm venturing out and stepping out of my comfort zone.  Haven't done this in a long, long time.  In four days I will be leading a class.  I will be sharing my passion for the game of football and teaching the basic fundamentals to other women who need help understanding it.  Last time I taught a class was over two decades ago to teens in Sunday School.  Needless to say I am very, very rusty.  But I feel much better now than I did a week ago.  I have received some great tips from some great friends like Prof. Andy Coleman who teaches Football at Liberty University, Paula a bloggy friend from Sweet Pea, a middle school teacher who showed me how to plan it all out, another bloggy friend Keetha from The Eclectic Company who is more passionate about the game of football than I am, my daughter Elise who could basically become the first female NFL Commissioner, she is my editor and adviser and finally obviously my hubby who has known and loved the game of football for over 60 years.

This class is coming just in time for the BIG game (Super Bowl XLVII on February 3, 2013), so my goal is that these ladies will have a better understanding of the game and will be able to sit in the mancave and enjoy the game just as much as the rest of them.

If you live in the central VA area, by all means please come join us!  We'd love to see you!
Football 101 for Women
January 23 and 30, 2013
6:15pm
LCA Room #240
Thomas Road Baptist Church
Lynchburg, VA  24503



3 comments:


  1. Go get 'em, girlfriend!!!

    Hey - - - some of us have a WOMEN'S football cave, ya know!

    Hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx friend!! I agree, we sometimes call ours the "Chick Cave" :)

      Delete
  2. How is it going? I hope the ladies enjoyed the first class.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...