Sunday, July 7, 2013

God, Family, Country, Food and Paint


PAINT
Just days before we were supposed to have some family come down from up north, I decided to repaint my kitchen shelf.  

I decided to use Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in "Cream" color
 
It was completely dry within a few hours and then I clear waxed it
 
I refilled it with some old items and found some new things:
 
I couldn't help it, but I fell in love with this ginormous cup (flower pot) and it fit perfectly in the middle shelf
 
A patriotic sign perfect for the occasion

GOD
I got this idea of the sunflowers and American flags in small mason jars from the Pioneer Woman.  The fish we've had for decades and just in case you don't know what it means.  The fish is a symbol of Christianity.  The Greek letters mean: Jesus, Christ, God, Son, Savior. (Click HERE to know the history behind the fish symbol).

FOOD
A few days later I gathered these ingredients:  Blueberries, Strawberries, Marshmallows and homemade chocolate cake cut in squares. . . 

. . . and made these delicious kabobs

COUNTRY
I took the decorations off my kitchen shelf and placed them as our table centerpiece
 
I made some Red Lobster Cheddar Cheese Bay Biscuits to go with our . . . 
 
. . . Low Country Boil.  I had been planning this meal for weeks (since Memorial Day) and as I was preparing it in the morning while watching my favorite cooking shows, wouldn't you know it, Trisha Yearwood was making it too on her show!!  I took it as a sign that it was meant to be!! :)

FAMILY
Little Miss Sunshine!

Got the convoy ready

of course the men had to look at the car that's being worked on
 
Enjoying the pool and staying cool
 
Outside playing football
 
Son and grandson
 

"Catch Dad"

"This is how you throw a football".  (You go girl!!)

Heading out, she looked so adorable coming out of the house looking like a tourist
 
Can you believe he's only 3??
 
Hubby, Niece, her hubby and their kids (our daughter was out of town and our son and kids had left the day before), this is all that was left this morning.
 
The house is quiet now, back to my hubby and I.  We enjoyed having everybody over, what a joy it is to see these kids that we raised, are now parents themselves and doing a great job!
 
I savored every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...