Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Zucchini Crust Pizza

Copied from Seattle Local Food
 
2 small eggs
3 small zucchinis (about 8"), grated and drained (I used a net strainer and a rubber spatula)
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsps olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small container sliced shiitake mushrooms
1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
1 cup marinara sauce
1 cup grated low-fat or non-fat mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil leaves, sliced

Preheat oven to 450F degrees.  Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.

 Combine the eggs, grated zucchini and parmesan cheese

Spread mixture into circle, about 1/2" thick

 Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven, leave on pan and set aside.

While the pizza crust is baking or cooling, heat the oil in a saucepan on medium low heat.  Saute the onions and garlic until translucent.  Remove and set aside.

Saute mushrooms in same pan until softened.  Remove and set aside

Turn heat up to medium.  Combine the onions and garlic with the ground turkey breaking it apart until brown.  Remove and set aside to cool.

Spread the marinara sauce over the crust

Sprinkle on the chicken, mushrooms and top with mozzarella cheese.  Bake for another 5-7 minutes until the edges start to brown.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with sliced basil

Doesn't it look like real pizza??  I was so impressed!


A very low or no carb pizza, imagine that?  Another recipe I found on Pinterest and knew I had to make it.  If you're like me, making it is half the fun.  I was amazed how good it tasted but the only thing I'll change next time is not add so much chicken.  I think I went over board that I ended up taking some of it off each slice I ate.  I just didn't like the way it tasted, other than that, like I said, I was amazed. 

As far as my meat and potatoes man, I made him a fancy DiGiorno pizza that he enjoyed.  He tried my pizza and didn't like it one bit, lol!

It's almost the weekend!  Until then, savor every moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...