Friday, April 25, 2014

Pork Chops, Thyme and Carmelized Apples

Oil
2 thick pork chops
Salt & pepper
Fresh thyme
1 orange, cut in half
White wine
2 Grenadine apples, peeled, quartered (my grocery store didn't have Grenadine apples so I just bought whatever apple they had)
Sugar

Heat some olive oil in a non-stick skillet.  Salt and pepper the pork chops on both sides

Place fresh Thyme sprigs on top of pork chops.

Brown both sides.

Add juice from one half of orange and the 1/4 cup of wine.  Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes until 1/2 of liquid has evaporated.

While the pork chops are simmering, cut apples into thick slices.

Remove pork chops to warm plate.

Add sliced apples to pan drippings and the other half of orange juice.  Sprinkle a pinch of sugar.

Stir until completely cooked through, soft and carmelized.

Serve with pork chops (remove thyme stems) enjoy!

Hubby loved this and I'd love to take the credit but I told him to thank "Martha Stewart".  I watched her make this on a rerun show of hers the other day and as much I love pork chops, I decided to try it.  It was good, wasn't great but perhaps I just need to work on it some more and find some real Grenadine apples. 

This meal is also considered a "quick meal", can be done in 30 minutes!

Have a great weekend and remember to savor every moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...