Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chipotle Tamale Pie


Nothing new this weekend.  Just got in the mood for Chipotle Tamale Pie that I cooked and posted back in January, you can find the recipe, just click on the link.

I accidentally forgot to add the cheese into the bean/meat mixture so I just decided to add it at the end of the cooking time on top of the cornbread. I let it bake an extra 5 minutes and melt.  I think I will continue to do it this way from now on though.  I really liked that the cheese wasn't in the bean/meat mixture.  It didn't taste  creamy instead you can taste a clearer, better flavor of all the ingredients.  They weren't covered up with the cheese.  I don't know how to explain it but I liked it better this way.  It was VERY, VERY good, just look at the pictures, they tell the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...