Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't Throw That Christmas Card Out Just Yet!!

It's been a busy holiday season not for the obvious reason but because we were, we are crazy enough to have moved to a new home.  We closed a week before Christmas and spent the following week packing and moving and packing and moving, etc.,  Needless to say, our Christmas this year was not at all normal.  Our daughter kept joking around that we were going to be that family in the movie, The Christmas Story, and go eat Chinese food on Christmas eve.  Anyway, I am so weary and at this point though, I can't remember what we did on Christmas eve besides go to church. 


I believe I got this idea from Focus on the Family many years ago as we have been doing this ever since and consider it a family tradition.  But just before you throw those cards away, hold onto them, place them in a container (because of the move, I can't find the cute container I usually put them in - a red sleigh) and place the container in a prominent place where you and your family gather together to pray.  We have always done it during our family dinner.   All you do is pull a card and pray for that person or family.  They can also be a topic of conversation, you can reminisce about the times you spent with this particular person/family.  You can also go as far as to send a note to this person/family to let them know that they were thought of and prayed for.


So, don't throw that card out just yet!!  You've got some praying to do :)


Happy New Year!


I've shared this with:

2 comments:

  1. Hello my friend,

    I just think this is a wonderful idea!!! To gather as a family and pray for all the dear families and friends that sent those beautiful Christmas cards! What a wonderful tradition!!! Thank you for sharing it with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week!

    Wishing you and your family a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...I can't imagine moving at Christmas! I hope that your Christmas this year is more settled! Hehe!

    Love ya,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...