Sunday, April 24, 2011

Roasted Carrots with Thyme and Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese

ROASTED CARROTS with THYME
6-8 carrots
1 1/2 - 2 tbsps olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 - 2 tsps fresh thyme or a couple of pinches of dried thyme

Heat oil in a large skillet (10" skillet will suffice).  Cut carrots in half and then in half again, lengthwise

Roast carrots in hot oil under medium heat for about 1/2 hour.  Stir occasionally.

Carrots are ready when they're soft, browned and carmelized.

Remove from heat.  Put in a bowl and add the fresh thyme.  Gently toss.
I found this recipe online from Ms. enPlace.  It looked so good and mind you, I am not crazy about cooked carrots.  But roasting them and then adding fresh thyme sounded delightful.  My husband loves cooked carrots so it was a nice change.  I then decided to cook my asparagus the same way (see below) and they both turned out AWEsome!!

ROASTED ASPARAGUS
1 bunch fresh asparagus
1 1/2 - 2 tbsps. olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup -1/2 cup shredded fresh parmesan

Heat oil on medium heat.  Rinse and dry the asparagus.  Snap off the ends of each asparagus spear. Place asparagus in heated oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Toss and turn for 5-7 minutes.  

Remove from pan and place in serving bowl.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Cover with with foil until ready to serve.

This was our Easter dinner (see above top picture).  I served the vegetables with a Spiral Glazed Ham, Homemade Potatoes AuGratin with Gruyere cheese and yeast Rolls.
This is what I made for dessert (I made it yesterday - the day before it was to be served)
Very Berry Italian Trifle

I'm in the middle of a 3-day weekend!!  yay!!  I don't work tomorrow! ~isavorthweekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...