Saturday, October 27, 2012

Asian Style Stuffed Bell Peppers


1 lb. lean ground beef
Olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 1/2 cup cooked Jasmine white rice
3 medium/large green bell peppers (I only had two), top cut off, veins and seeds removed
15 oz. can of tomato sauce
8 heaping tbsps. honey
14.5 oz. bottle favorite Asian sauce
Sesame seeds

Prepare the Jasmine rice.  To a large skillet on medium heat, add a tbsp. of oil, saute the diced onion then add the ground beef and cook until just about brown.

Add 2 1/2 cups cooked rice to the meat and combine
 Turn heat down to low, stir occasionally

In the meantime, pour the tomato sauce in a small bowl, add four heaping tablespoons of honey.  Combine completely.

Pour the tomato sauce and add it to the meat and rice mixture.  Stir in completely.

Stuff the meat and rice mixture into the bell peppers.  Arrange in glass casserole dish.

Don't be shy in stuffing the peppers

Now take your Asian sauce

and pour the whole bottle over and around the stuffed bell peppers.  Bake at 350F degrees for 1 hour.

I served the stuffed bell peppers with some Soba noodles drenched with some of the Asian sauce in the glass dish.

Sprinkle with some sesame seeds, serve warm and enjoy.

Oh, I've been so craving some stuffed bell peppers and finally had a chance to make them.  Hubby doesn't like them so I had to wait until he was out of town.  I may have made them once before in my life but I really don't quite remember when and how they tasted.  I looked at numerous recipes from several sites to compile my own ingredients to come up with an Asian style stuffed bell pepper.  I had bought a bottle of some Asian sauce on my last trip "into the city" (Wegmans) and was thrilled I finally got to use it.  

This truly hit the spot and thoroughly satisfied my craving for stuffed bell peppers.  Every bite of the green pepper combined with the meat, rice and the noodles and the sauce was so full of flavor, I couldn't get enough of it. I'm so happy.

I hope you're weekend is going well and be sure to savor every moment!
Sharing this post with:
 StoneGable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...