Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hot Chocolate

by who else? but the Pioneer Woman

2 cups milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips (best brand you can find)
1 tbsp. sugar (optional)
3-4 medium size mugs
Whip Cream
1 envelope pre-mix cocoa mix


Under low to medium heat, combine the milk and heavy cream.  Stir frequently, making sure the mixture doesn't burn

Once the milk starts to boil turn the heat down to low, stir in the chocolate chips.  Melt completely and taste.  Add more chips if needed or if it's not sweet enough, add the sugar.  Stir and dissolve completely

Pour the hot chocolate into the mugs

 Add the whip cream

Sprinkle on the pre-mix chocolate . . . and enjoy!

 My daughter and I planned a family only baby shower for my daughter-in-law (yes, I'm going to be a grandma again . . . . we're having a granddaughter - can you feel my smile beaming?).  When I saw Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) make this on her show yesterday, I immediately thought this would be perfect to have as a hot drink for the baby shower.  It was so  quick and easy and fun to make.  I bought the mugs at Target just yesterday for only 2.99!!  Have you ever made hot chocolate with semi-sweet chocolate chips??  I never thought of it, you'd think it would click in this hard noggen of mine!?!  Anyway, oh what a difference it made.  It was really smooth, creamy - not too heavy as I added a little more 1% milk than the heavy cream.  When I'm home and make this again, I will add some cinnamon to the chocolate mixture.  I've always liked a little bit of cinnamon in my hot chocolate.  A perfect hot drink for the holidays!! :)  I've had a great weekend and I continue to savor every moment but it sure is going by fast.


1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I love hot chocolate but don't often treat myself to it.

    I need to start using my dvr to recored PW. I never get to see her show.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...