Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 - Great Is Thy Faithfulness

 I look back on 2012 and can easily say I never, ever want to live through another year like it again except for the birth of a beautiful, angelic granddaughter.  (Please forgive me for not going into detail).  I ran through the gamut of emotional and physical highs and lows, a lot of lows so suffice to say, it wasn't a very pleasant year.  But then in retrospect, I see the hand of God in all those unpleasant situations.  I saw with my own eyes that my God is Jehovah-Jireh, my provider.  Jehoval-Nissi, my protector.  Jehovah-Rapha, my healer.  A child of a God who is merciful, full of grace and full of love and it's because of Him that I have survived, been renewed and have hope.  Which is the reason why, I can't turn my back on my God because of the way he took care of me and my family and continues to do so.  I will from now on look at 2012 as the year that God was always there, never left me and is forever faithful.


I waited patiently for the Lord;he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.  -Psalm 40:1-3


My favorite hymn:  Great is thy Faithfulness

Great is thy faithfulness,

Oh God, my father

There is no shadow of turning with thee

Thou changest not, thy compassions they fail not,

As thou hast been, thou forever wilt be.


Great is thy faithfulness,

Great is thy faithfulness,

Morning by morning new mercies I see

All I have needed thy hand hath provided

Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.


Listen to the rest of this beautiful hymn sung by Chris Rice:


 Bring on 2013!  Thank you Lord!

Happy New Year!!




4 comments:


  1. With a tough year behind you, I bet you are glad you have CHOSEN to "savor the weekends!"

    Whew.

    Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a blessed new year.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish you a blessed New Year as well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...