Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Family Tree Pt. I

I've seen tree wall decals on Pinterest and other blogs.  I've also seen where they hang family pictures on top of the tree which is exactly what I've been wanting to do.

I plan to paint the tree myself in a wall in the foyer, the one straight ahead on the right.

I used a dark brown latex flat paint for the tree.  I drew the tree first with a pencil and then outlined it first with the paint.

I stopped at this point to start dinner.

I added curly branches next

I continued the branches into the living room next door so as to reach out to the military men on my military wall.  I also added a thicker branch at the bottom left as I felt the tree was a little to bare in that area.  

The design continues around the left edge.  I added green leaves with the "sample" 8oz. jar of Valspar, Herb Cornucopia I bought it at Lowes for less than $3.  By now, the sun is set and I'm ready to call it a day.  Tomorrow I will do some tweaking and then get started on the pictures and layout.  Stay tuned for Part II.

**ADDED SUNDAY, MARCH 24,2013
I pray you're having a wonderful weekend and savoring every moment!

**UPDATE - 4/17/13**
Click HERE to view the finished product!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...