Saturday, April 6, 2013

Every Moment, Thank God


I saw this on Pinterest and immediately fell in love with it.  I struggled whether I wanted to paint it myself or design it on my computer.  I went with the latter and I'm so happy with the end results.  I used "My Memories Suite" software to make the design.  Very simple to use and if you don't have it, I suggest you get it, it's worth it and they're constantly coming out with all kinds of designs and graphics to help you make all kinds of crafts.

When I saved my project on my computer (I saved them in JPEG format).  I ordered them online through Walgreens.  Here is what you'll need:
Mod Podge - Antique Matte
1 sponge brush
5 8x10 photos
9 ft., 2 1/2" wide ribbon spool
5 thin canvas frames
Glue gun and glue sticks
Scissors

Dip the sponge brush into the Mod Podge

Spread it on the canvas frame to all four edges.  Act quick because this stuff dries pretty fast, set aside.

Dip the brush into the Mod Podge again and this time spread it over the back of a photo.  Take care that when placing the photo face down, that the surface is clean.  Again, act fast because it dries fast.

Place the photo back side down on top of the canvas frame so both glued surfaces are touching, matching edges as close as possible

I used my clean bakers spatula to press over the photo to flatten out any bubbles and to make sure the adhesive adheres correctly

Dip the brush in some Mod Podge again and use it to cover the whole photo.  Make sure to cover the whole surface.  Set aside to dry (in about 30 minutes).  Repeat this process with all the photos.

Once all the photos were dry, I rolled out the ribbon and made sure the photos were placed on top of the ribbon just right.  I then hot glued them to the ribbon.  I made sure there was at least 3-4" of extra ribbon at each end.   I let is dry overnight.

With the leftover ribbon, I made a small bow and attached it to the top.  I hung it with some command strips and I hung it in high traffic area, where all the bedrooms are located as well as the main bathroom and my hubby's office.  I like it as it's the first thing I see when I leave my bedroom which will be a great reminder for me as I leave for work in the mornings.

I've had a great weekend so far, working on this project as well as painting some more furniture and putting some finishing touches on my family photo tree.  I am definitely savoring every moment and pray you are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...