Monday, December 9, 2013

Lemon Snowballs

1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
1 tbsp. Meyer lemon zest
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
Confectioner's sugar

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and egg until well blended.  Add lemon juice and lemon zest.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into creamed mixture.  Add almonds.

Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.

Remove from refrigerator and roll into 1-in. balls.  Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned (cookies will not brown on top).  Remove immediately to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes, then roll in confectioners' sugar.


If you look real close, my snowballs sorta flattened.  I'm not sure why but I believe the reason is 1) I over softened the butter by melting it too much.  2) and because of that, I should've let the dough set overnight but I didn't because I'm impatient.  Either way, these crunchy little cookies were delicious, lemony, buttery and my favorite thus far this holiday season.

Have a great week and in the meantime, savor every moment!

3 comments:

  1. They look melt in your mouth:)
    You know..everyone has.. what happened moments:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They DO melt in your mouth, the best kind :)

      Delete
  2. while I am writing this recipe down to add to my favorites I figured I should ask what do we bake it at? I guessed the standard 350 and just checked to make sure the bottoms were right. What can I say? I love lemons! I keep picking them up at the farmers market just to make these!!!! Thank goodness my New Years Resolution wasn't stay healthy. :) lene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...