Saturday, March 15, 2014

Upcycled Plastic Creamer Bins

#2 of 3 in my series of coffee creamer upcycled bins.

I'm on a roll now.  Making something out of my plastic creamer and coffee bins has got me really excited and in a crafty frenzy!  I used the same bins yesterday to make them look "junky/rusty" with a chalk label painted in the front.  So much fun!  Check out my rusty bins here.

  • Two plastic coffee creamer bins
  • Rust-Oleum spray primer
  • White acrylic paint
  • Paint brush
  • Sponge brush
  • Clip art print outs
  • Mod Podge glue
  • KRYLON Matte finish sealer
First prime the bins with the Rust-Oleum primer.  Once they dry, paint them with white acrylic paint.  It took about four coats to paint the bins completely.

I printed some French writing, a French wreath with a bee and a French label for cacao.  I found all these print outs at this awesome website:  The Graphics Fairy.  Check it out!  The only Mod-Podge glue I found was this one that gives a Fine Crackle effect.  It's not the effect I was looking for but I'll still use it and see what happens.

With a sponge brush spread the Mod-Podge throughout the back of the torn print out.  Make sure to cover the whole surface.

Place it carefully on the bin and gently smooth out towards the edges.  Spread a layer of Mod-Podge over the top of the piece and spread it past the edges.

I repeated the same with the picture of the French Wreath with a Bee and the French Cacao label.  Once it dries, spray with the Matte Finish for protection.

The French script writing looks so good, I love it!!

So far these past two days I have upcycled and painted nine plastic bins.  There are two others bins I painted in a beach them and I will post those tomorrow.  Told ya I was on a roll!

**UPDATE  3/16/14**

I added flowers to both bins.  Don't they look so much prettier?!

Here's the link to my Beach Coastal ones (wait 'til you see what I did with these ones):  Don't Get Tied Up

Have a great weekend and savor every moment!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...