Friday, February 4, 2011

Packers vs. Steelers Cookies Part II


Royal Glaze Icing
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tsps. Milk
2 tsps. Light corn syrup
¼ tsp. almond extract

In a small bowl, stir together confectioners sugar and milk until smooth.  Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy.  If icing is too thick add more milk just a little at a time.
Dip cookies face down into glaze, in a swiping motion to either side lift up and out, then quickly spread and remove excess glaze using an offset spatula.  Place them on their back on racks to dry.  Wait a couple of hours before painting with food coloring.  Side note:  Cover half of the helmets on one side with glaze and the other half on the other side so that at the end you can have helmets from the opposing teams, facing towards each other.

Friday night before Super Bowl eve.  I got home, ate dinner, cleaned up and cleared the counter tops so that I would have room enough for all the cookie helmets.  This icing was too dry, maybe because I doubled it?  I don't know but I did what it said to do and that was to add more corn syrup and sure enough, it worked.  I will have to wait until tomorrow morning (Saturday) to paint the cookies since the icing is still soft and it's almost midnight.  I'm nervous about painting them.  I just don't want to ruin them, we'll see.  To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...