Monday, June 27, 2011

Patriotic Linky Party Is Here

Welcome!  Please come on in - the party is here!

I'm new to this hosting a linky party, this is my second try so please bear with me.  I love Patriotic holidays and celebrations.  They are fun-filled times with family and friends, food feasts galore, love of God and country and decorations out the wazoo, so please share your recipes, decorating ideas, holiday plans, attire  and celebrations in this Patriotic Linky Party.  I'll start it off with my Patriotic Berry Trifle (you can find the link to join in below this recipe):
by Sunny Anderson

1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup Limoncello or fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 premade angel food cake, cut into 1-inch slices
1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups heavy cream, at room temperature
2 pints blueberries
2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced

Heat 1/4 cup sugar, the Limencello or lemon juice and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.  Remove from the heat and stir in the almond extract (sorry, I completely forgot to take a picture of this part).

Brush both sides of each slice of cake with the syrup.  Cut the slices into 1-inch cubes.

Beat the remaining 2/3 cup sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer on medium-speed until smooth and light.  Add the cream and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and the consistency of whipped cream.

Arrange half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 13-cup trifle dish.

Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries.

Dollop* half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread.

Top with a layer of strawberries

Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then sprinkle with more blueberries.

Top with remaining cream mixture.  Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries, arranging them in a decorative pattern.  Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.



Time to share your patriotic posts in celebration of Independence Day, 4th of July!
• Patriotic recipes, projects, art & crafts only please (no Etsy links please).
• You can share as many posts as you want just as long as they have already been posted to your blog.
• Link directly to YOUR POST and not to your web page.
• Please include a link back to I Savor the Weekend somewhere on your post. Whether by grabbing my Patriotic button (on the left bar) or by a link. Thirty lashes with a wet noodle if you don’t!
• Please don't forget to pay a visit to any of the other entries and leave them a sweet comment.
• Thanks for your entry, have a safe and Happy 4th and may God continue to bless America!

19 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. What a great dessert for the Fourth of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmoo!!!Okay I am in for the party and I am grabbing your linky button too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness girl, you NEVER have to apologize to ME for leaving multiple comments on my blog! I'll take ALL the comments I can get.

    This story has been in the "making" all summer, but Wilson just committed today. I first heard it when my pastor came down to the clothing ministry at church (where I volunteer) and told me - - - knowing I am wildly crazy about college FB and especially my Badgers!

    So - - - I came home and set the DVR to tape College Football Live and more than half the show was this story.

    I DID however, find THIS link for you:

    http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2011/jun/28/WSSPORT04-wilson-transfers-to-wisconsin-ar-1159922/

    If the link doesn't work for some reason, simply google Russell Wilson Wisconsin and you'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good! I like a dessert for the 4th that is truly red, white, and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog and for the invite. I am going to link up. The trifle looks yumm-o! I make one but it's a bit different. I am going to have to give this one a try. It looks so very Americana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the awesome comments and the invite. I added your button to my linky party page and am now following with GFC!
    Thanks again!
    Jenni
    kissedbyafrog.blogapot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, and for your kind comments. I'm so glad you found my blog! Now I can follow you back!!
    I'll try to link up to your linky party, sans any technical goof-ups on my part : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trifle looks absolutely delicious! And what a cool idea for a link party - thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I can't wait to make this. Thanks for inviting me over here. I linked up, but it's not showing...so I will do it again (pls delete one if the 1st ever shows up).

    Feel free to stop by and link up to Turning the Table Thursday.

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the invitation! Your trifle looks so good! And, I love your photography...you make all your food look so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks absolutely wonderful. I wish I had a patriotic post for you to link, however I am way behind on my holiday decorating. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for inviting me over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy! Thank you for the invite. I linked up my Patriotic Wreath but I don't see in the linky list. Hum?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for inviting me to your party! Sweet! I linked up two things...hope that's ok! I am your newest follower and would love it if you wanted to follow back! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting this great Patriotic party, I saw it at a fellow blogger, I'm so glad I did, as only once a year we get to do our beautiful Patriotic tables, for Old Glory's b'day... this is my first as I just have 7 mths. doing this. I'm also your newest follower. Thank you for this delish trifle recipe, wow, it looks so nice and fresh, I'm copying for future use. Have a wonderful 4th. of July. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have tried twice to link up, followed the steps and it isn't working for some reason???? I will try again but didn't want you to think I didn't try! This trifle looks and sounds DELICIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to a friends pool tomorrow and I will bring THIS!!!!!!!! Thanks! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness this does look delicious. I'm sharing your trifle and lovely blog with my readers on Monday. Hugs and Happy Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love trifle! Wishing you a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't make anything patriotic looking . . . my bad! So I didn't link up and will try the next time you have a party! Thanks again for sharing your lovely trifle on Fresh Food Friday. It was a pleasure to feature it! I hope that you can stop by tonight when I post this weekend's edition! It will last all thru Monday evening as always for those of us who are so busy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...