Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Breaded Tilapia with Braised Leeks

2-3 Leeks
4 tbsps. butter, divided in two
Olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
Goya seasoning (found in the Latino section) - my own ingredient I added
6-8 Tilapia fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups white rice, cooked

Cut off the ends of the Leeks, slice in half lengthwise.  Put under running water to wash away any excess dirt.  Drain on paper towels, open side down

Over medium heat, melt two tablespoons butter in a 10" skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil.  Heat until the butter starts to brown (but not smoke) then add the leeks, open side down.  Push down on the leeks to flatten occasionally.  Sprinkle with the Goya seasoning and cook for 10 minutes

Season fish with salt and pepper.  Bread with flour and cook in hot butter and oil, 3-4 minutes each side.

Slowly add the white wine to the leeks.  Turn heat down to med-low and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.  Stir occasionally and then slowly add the chicken broth or water.  Simmer for another 7-10 minutes or until leeks are very tender and carmelized.

Serve the leeks and the fish over a bed of white rice and enjoy!

This is a copycat recipe by Chef Nathan from Growing a Greener World.   I didn't find the recipe until hours after I cooked this meal.  I cooked it all by memory and now that I found and read the recipe I forget a couple of ingredients (flat leaf parsley, fresh thyme and lemon juice), oh well.  I was pretty close.  Either way, I knew I had to make it as soon as I saw him make this recipe.  The star of this dish is definitely the leeks.  They were so tender, sweet and savory with just a touch of that onioney flavor that I love about them.    A perfect compliment to the fish.  Hubby said he was surprised how much he enjoyed them as well.  Thank you Chef Nathan.

Hope you're enjoying your Summer so far and don't forget to savor every moment.

2 comments:

  1. What a delicious looking dish!
    You've given me an idea.... perhaps we'll have fish for dinner.

    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need To Increase Your ClickBank Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...