Friday, June 29, 2012

Snickers Peanut Butter Muffins

by Nigella Lawson

1 2/3 plain flour (I'm assuming she means all-purpose flour - she's from England, whaddya 'spect??)
6 tbsps superfine sugar (what? I've heard of fine sugar but never Superfine)
2 tbsps baking powder
pinch of salt
6 tbsps crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup soft butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup whole milk
3 1/2 full size Snickers bars, chopped (2.07 oz each)
12 cup muffin pan with paper baking cups

Do this ahead of time:

Unless you have a grinder made only to grind sugar into a Superfine state, I just went ahead and used the back of my ice-cream scoop until I felt the sugar reached its Superfine state

We refrigerated the Snickers bars so they were more manageable to chop although this was the toughest task out of the whole recipe
Go figure, I would only have 11 muffin baking cups, oy!

PREHEAT OVEN TO 400F degrees

Mix the plain flour, superfine sugar, baking powder and salt

Add the crunchy peanut butter to the flour mix

 and mix until you have a bowl of coarse crumbs

I went ahead and used my pastry cutter to get the coarse crumbs.  If you don't have one, use to forks and pretend your Edward Scissorhands

Add the melted butter to the milk then add the egg as seen in this picture

Add milk mixture into the flour and stir gently

Stir completely

Finally add the chopped Snickers pieces and stir.  Dollop into the muffin cases

and bake for 20-25 minutes.  The tops should be risen, golden and firm to the (light) touch.

Sit the tin on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before taking out each muffin in its case and leaving them on the wire rack to cool....if you can.

This was the lone muffin that didn't have a baking cup and look how it turned out!?  Perfect!

About a month ago, I downloaded Nigella Lawson's new iPad app.  I love watching her cooking show as I am a fan of hers.  This app has a ton of her favorite recipes to match just about every mood.  It also has videos for some of the recipes as well as voice tips.  It's fun to use and as soon as I saw this recipe, I knew I would have to make it for my hubby for his birthday as he loves the combination of Choc. and Peanut Butter.

I plan to make a chocolate ganache to drizzle on the muffins tomorrow as tomorrow is hubby's birthday (Saturday) even though it's not on her original recipe.  I will take a picture of the muffin dressed in ganache and post first chance I get.

I also plan to make hubby his favorite German meal.  Spaetzle and Schnitzel with a German Cucumber Salad on the side.  The Spaetzle and Schnitzel are tough to make, lots of steps, and yes, I'll be slaving over a hot stove - but hubby is worth it!!
 
TGIF! So keep cool, I pray you're having a great start to your weekend and remember to savor every moment!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those look tasty!!

    Happy birthday to your hubby!
    I hope it's a wonderful birthday for him.
    Sounds like you are going to give him plenty of pampering ....just as a birthday should be :)

    Happy weekend.
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...