Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cajun Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa


3 fresh tilapia filets
Cajun seasoning
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil, heated in a skillet
1 mango, peeled, sliced and diced
1/2 red onion, sliced and grilled until translucent
Red peppers (I had some mini-sweet peppers in the freezer that I used - they were already grilled)
Fresh leafy green lettuce
8-10 Fajita size flour tortillas

Optional:
Jasmine rice
Fresh parsley, minced


Grill the onions and peppers if you haven't already.

Start on the rice too according to package directions.

3 tilapia filets (or any other kind of fish you like to use).  Cut each filet in half.  Season with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper

Add to hot oil and brown each side (about 6-8 minutes each side) until golden brown and the fish flakes off with a fork.  Set aside.

Combine the mango with the grilled peppers and onions and chop.
Then combine in a small bowl.  Season with salt and pepper.  Set aside.

Take two forks and start separating the fish into small flaky pieces

Place a leaf of lettuce on a warmed tortilla, add the fish and top with mango salsa.  Fold in half, repeat with at least 8-10 more tacos.  Set aside.

When the rice is done according to package directions, sprinkle on the parsley and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.


Now take a bite and enjoy!

I love me some spicy food.  It doesn't have to be Mexican either.  I had my first Cajun Fish Tacos at Bonefish Grill in Charlottesville, VA recently.  My oh my!!  I couldn't get enough!!  When I love a dish I have at a restaurant, I go home and try to mimic it.  There are several sites on the internet saying they have the original recipe Bonefish Grill's Cajun Fish Tacos. I read them all and gathered their information and this is what I came up with.  My only complaint is that the mango I bought did not have much of a mango taste???  Why?  Did I buy an old one? Do they lose their flavor after awhile?  I don't know.  Other than that, this was very, very good.  Even hubby said it was a keeper!!  I think I'll make me some more soon, this time I'll pick out a fresh mango.

I shared this with:
It's a Blog Party

4 comments:

  1. You had me at fish tacos, and those look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I am so going to have to make these! Hubbs loves fish tacos and I've been looking for a good recipe. Bingo... I've found it! They look amazing!

    I answered your question about the stoneware casserole dishes on my blog, but in case you don't see it, they're a brand called Temptations and they're available at QVC.

    I'm realizing that I'm becoming a bit of a collector. They're so pretty and very inexpensive and the quality is pretty amazing for something that doesn't cost that much.

    The big bowl that the Brisket is in, is a Roseville Pottery piece that I picked up years ago. That one wasn't so inexpensive though. LOL

    Thanks for stopping by and saying howdy! Have an awesome rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about fish tacos! I will have to try your recipe. It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that looks so good! I'm bookmarking this to make next week! We love Bonefish but find it so expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...