Saturday, September 17, 2011

Salvadorean Coffee


I have been working at the local university since 1994 so suffice to say, I have come to know many a college student coming through.  I have been SOOOO blessed by the many the Lord has brought into my life.  When I first started at the university, I had around 6 student workers under me.  One of them was Lissette.  A communications major.  A beautiful Hispanic young lady, originally from El Salvador and I was thrilled that she spoke Spanish fluently.  It had been my desire for the longest time to brush up on my Spanish which I apparently thought I knew but obviously didn't but I knew she would help me along which she gladly and oh so patiently did.  Through the years Lissette became a close friend near and dear to my family and I.  She house and dog sat for us in several occasions.  We attended her wedding after college and  she and her hubby now have two grown boys now to the point of being way taller than she and I.  She emailed me a couple of weeks ago and told me that her niece, Karen,  was enrolled and planning to attend our university and how excited she was for her.  I was excited to hear the news just as well and just this past week got to meet Karen.  What a precious young lady and oh she reminded me so much of Lissette.  I am so pleased to have met Karen and know that we're going to be life long friends.  Karen brought me a gift from Lissette and it was this coffee from El Salvador.  That was so sweet of her to send me some coffee, so as I sit here next to my open window, enjoying the cool breeze blowing through, taking a coffee break from all the cleaning I did this morning, watching WVA stomp on Maryland, I couldn't ask for a better way to enjoy this moment than with a good cup of El Salvadorean coffee and good memories of my precious Lissette.
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.  Ephesians 1:16


1 comment:

  1. How kind and thoughtful of her to send you a gift :)
    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...