Friday, May 11, 2012

Rosemary-Garlic Roast Beef and Potatoes



1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. finely grated lime or lemon zest
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 top round beef roast (3 pounds), trimmed and tied -ooops, forgot to tie it :/
2 lbs. small potatoes, halved or quartered if large (I also added a can of diced potatoes because I didn't have enough of the large ones)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a small bowl; stir together 3 tablespoons oil, rosemary, garlic, and lime zest; season with salt and pepper.

In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.  pat beef dry and add to skillet.  Increase heat to high and cook.

Turn with tongs, until beef is browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.

Brush or spoon rosemary mixture all over roast

Place in oven.  Roast 20 minutes

Remove from oven and place potatoes around roast, tossing in pan juices.  Roast until potatoes are tender and beef is medium-rare, 30 to 35 minutes.  Transfer roast to a cutting board, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes

Toss potatoes with pan juices, tent with foil again until ready to serve.

Thinly slice meat against the grain and serve with potatoes.

This recipe was adapted from www.marthastewart.com The original recipe used horseradish with this recipe, I opted not to make it)

There's just something about potatoes roasted in meat juices!  That is always a hit in our family.  I wished I had remembered to tie the roast as directed  but air-head me forgot.  I wish that it had been a little more rare so next time I'm going to brown it for 5 minutes on each side (instead of 10) and  roast it for possibly around 30 minutes total (including with the potatoes).  I also served the meat and potatoes with my delicious Burst in Your Mouth Baked Tomatoes.  A perfect combination, a satisfied family and plenty of leftovers.  So, what are your dinner plans for the weekend?  Well, have a super-duper weekend and remember to savor every moment!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! You make the best sounding meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring some o'dat over here RIGHT NOW!!!

    Hey, have you changed your header recently 'cause I don't remember that FOOTBALL flying around up there from before - - -and I WOULD notice a football!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! Keetha, yes I recently updated my blog theme and yes, that graphic has always had that football. Don't know what to say about you not seeing the football before. Hmmmm, sounds like a serious condition to me, you oughta go get it checked out! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...