Saturday, February 25, 2012

Parmesan Tilapia


(If Mr. Don Vito doesn't show the ingredients, give it a day - thanks to Photobucket editing feature)

Preheat oven broiler, spray pan with cooking spray


In a s mall bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice.  Season with dried basil, pepper, garlic powder and celery salt.  Mix well and set aside.

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan.  Sprinkle fillets with more pepper, only if desired.  I desired :)  Broil a few inches from the heat for 4 minutes

Flip the fillets over and broil for 2 more minutes.

Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side.  

Sprinkle with paprika for color

Broil until the topping is browned and the Tilapia flakes easily with a fork

I'm so impressed how golden brown the fish came out, I believe it's because of the Parmesan cheese - so lovely to look at!

Need another way to cook fish?  Especially during the Lent season?  We don't participate in Lent but I seem to be wanting to eat fish on Fridays these days, I don't know why.  Maybe it's just the power of suggestion?  Any way, I needed to find another way to cook fish.  I was getting tired of the batter baked, batter fried, etc.,  La Bella Vita's recipe jumped out at me and I knew immediately that I would have to make it.  Fortunately, I had all the ingredients at home . . . . . well, kinda.  I committed a big nono in the art of cooking.  I didn't have lemons but had plenty of . . . . .lemon juice.  I hate to admit it as I'm big on using fresh everything but yes, I used prepared lemon juice, the kind in that cute little lemon looking container.  Shhhh!  Don't tell my apprentice (aka my daughter), she'll never let me hear the end of it.  I promise that will be the last time I substitute it for the real stuff!!  The Parmesan and basil seasoning to me is what makes this dish! Never cooked fish so full of flavors, a definite keeper.  I served this fish with Rice Pilaf and Pickled Beets.  Hubby was very satisfied.  Thanks La Bella Vita!!  Mi vida es muy bella!!

adapted from La Bella Vita (whom I'm convinced should have her own cooking show)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...