Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spottswood Kitchen


FOUR VIEW POINTS
#1


#2

#3


#4
If you haven't noticed, there are three entrances into the kitchen, one from the foyer, one from the dining room and one from the laundry room.  Kinda odd but pretty convenient nonetheless - oh, and one more from the basement!!  WOW!

Dark coffee brown granite countertops

A set of 10 glass blocks on each side of the sink, with a small shelf for each.  This is where I previously stored my cookbooks.  Practical but not very convenient as the cookbooks kept dropping out or sliding down, very irritating.  That's when my hubby decided to build me the built-in kitchen shelf.

TALL SKINNY SHORT CHUBBY MEN WITH A CURLY MUSTACHE IN MY KITCHEN



So this is where it all happens.  We've only been in Spottswood for a little over a year and this is my favorite kitchen by far.  In our almost 30 years of marriage, I have cooked in eight kitchens before this one.  Now I know my kitchen isn't large compare to many other bloggers but believe it or not, it's my biggest kitchen thus far with a lot more cabinet space than I've ever had.  The cabinets, flooring, counter-tops, sink, microwave  and dishwasher were already here when we bought the house.  We added the ceiling light, refrigerator, gas stove and the built in wall shelf. I started my iSTW blog back in January of 2010 in my previous home, never knowing that we'd be in a different kitchen/house two years later.  I still have a few more projects left to do in the Spottswood kitchen but with it about 90% done, I'm in no hurry.  How fun it is to be content in a kitchen that serves its purpose, not to mention the many lovely delicious meals that come out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Your kitchen is really pretty and I like the design. It's nice that you moved in with such pretty cabinets and counters already in place. The kitchen is my favorite place to be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...