Saturday, July 16, 2011

#3 Mary Ellen's Recipes - Country Fried Steak

(Printable Recipe)

1 1/2 lbs. cube steak (I used four steaks)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup flour
2 cups water
1 cup milk
4 tbsps. cooking oil

Dip steak in mixture of flour, salt and pepper

Brown in hot skillet on each side.  Remove meat and set aside

Add water and milk to drippings,

Stir until slightly thick

Return meat to skillet

Reduce heat to simmer for 1 1/2 hours

Serve over hot buttered noodles or mash potatoes
There's nothing I like better than buttered noodles along with some kind of meat and gravy.  I was VERY happy with this dish.  Hubby picked this recipe along with Mary Ellen's Pinto Bean Casserole.  These two together would not have been my first choice but since I told him I would make him anything from her cookbook, this is what looked good to him.  It ended up being pretty good on the other hand, hubby absolutely loved it along with the bean casserole.  He was very happy and like I said before, that's all that matters! :)

My Cooking Mary Ellen's Recipes story here

2 comments:

  1. I've never made country fried steak. This recipe looks really good and easy. I'm going to save it to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such good, home-cooking!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...