Friday, July 29, 2011

Yellow Summer Squash Parmesan

3 yellow summer squash
2 tbsps. butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 - 2 tbsps. fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan, grated

Yellow summer squash fresh from the market
Basil leaves fresh from my garden

Melt butter in pan.  Slice the squash into thick slices

Add to melted butter in pan and brown on both sides.  About 7-10 minutes each side.

 This is my favorite part.  Add the minced garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.  I just love, love, love the aroma of fresh garlic sauteing away in the butter.

Remove from heat, sprinkling on the chopped basil and combine.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Grate parmesan cheese into hot squash and stir.

Add more grated parmesan cheese to top and that's it!  Enjoy!

I had no idea how I was going to cook this squash.  I was tired of eating the same old way, sauteed in butter.  So as I stood there in the kitchen by my counter, staring at the squash, fresh Basil and Parmesan and then garlic popped into my head.  So this is what I came up with.  My MIL (Mother-in-law) loved it.  To me it tasted a lot like pesto which I'm not too crazy about BUT, I did eat it and I did like, although next time, I think  I might leave the Basil out.  But it is pretty, isn't it?? ;)


2 comments:

  1. It is a pretty dish. I haven't had much squash this summer and am ready to change that. I'll try your garlic idea when I get some squash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love squash and this looks delicious. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...