Thursday, November 24, 2011

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon


Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 lb. of Brussel Sprouts
8-10 slices of bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup beef stock
1-2 tbsps. butter

Heat oil in pan on medium-heat.  Cut all the Brussel Sprouts in half

Add the Brussel Sprouts to the hot oil, brown for just a little bit, remove from pan and set aside

Add the chopped bacon and render.

Add the onions and garlic, saute for 1-2 minutes.  Return the Brussel Sprouts stir then add the beef stock and stir just until it's evaporated.  Remove from heat and finally add the butter, stir around until it's melted.

Serve immediately

I've always loved Brussel Sprouts, ever since I was a wee little one.  Sad thing is that my family doesn't.  I thought this recipe would surely change their minds but hubby or daughter didn't even touch it.  On the other hand, I love them.  Adding the bacon was something I've never done before and am convinced it only made them better which it did.  I usually eat them with a little bit of butter, salt, pepper and nothing else.  Grandma had some so at least I wasn't the only one.  My son and his family went out of town for the holiday, I wonder if they would've liked it.  Do you like Brussel Sprouts?

Here's hoping and praying you had a wonderful day spent with family and friends, thankful for the abundance we have in this wonderful country of ours.  God bless America.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...