Saturday, November 19, 2011

Arby's Snow Scene Tumblers


I adore these tumblers.  Ever since Arby's sold them for .99cents with a purchase back in the mid-90's.  Why they stopped I don't know but I was certainly a big fan of theirs.  I bought at least eight or ten of these tumblers and used them only during the holidays.  I also have the matching wine goblets that they sold too.  I blogged about the goblets last year and you can see them here.

Slowly through the years though I would lose as least one per season.  At first I was at a loss as to how I was ever going to get them replaced since Arby's stopped selling them.  So last season I googled it and sure enough, Ebay had a slew of them.  I was so thrilled and although I didn't purchase any then, I made a purchase last week and received a shipment of six today.  Just in time for the holidays!  Yay!

They're probably plain ol' cheapie glass tumblers but that's ok, I still adore them.  Notice the gold ring around the rim, so pretty!

I'm nuts over snow scenes, don't ask me why, I just love snow scenes.  The lighting is different as I shut the flash off my daughter's new digital camera.  She gave me permission to play with it ;)

These tumblers arrived in mint condition.  The guy who sent them did an excellent job in packing them.  He quadrupled layered each one with bubble wrap.  Then bubble wrapped them altogether, taped and secured  them.  I'm a very satisfied customer in many ways!

SHARED WITH:
Glitter, Glue and Paint

4 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! I would use them all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have been able to find some more for your collection!!

    I have a set of six of the goblets that they sold back in the 1980's.

    My future(now present:))husband helped me collect every one of them.
    Great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. I look forward to using them every winter :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...