Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hazelnut Almond Crescents

One-third of a batch (or 1 1/4 cups) freshly made Almond Cookie Dough
1 cup hazelnuts
1 to 2 tbs. confectioners' sugar: more as needed

Place the hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and toast in a 350F degree oven for about 7 minutes.  Watch closely to make sure they don't burn

Once toasted, rough chop until they're coarse ( don't look too close, I may have toasted them a wee little too much :\   )

Pour the hazelnuts onto the dough and

with your hands work the hazelnuts into the dough

Shape level measuring tablespoons of dough into fat crescents and put them in a container lined with waxed paper.  This is my first time ever making any kind of crescent cookie, as you can see I need some practice... so don't laugh

Cover and refrigerate the cookies for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight (I went the 2 hour route)

Preheat oven to 325F degrees.  Position a rack in the center of the oven.  Arrange the crescents 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake the cookies until the tops are lightly colored and the bottoms are golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes, rotating the sheet from the front to back halfway through baking.

Let the cookies cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes and then sift the confectioners' sugar over them.

Transfer to a rack to cool

Sift more confectioners' sugar over the cookies before serving if necessary.

This is the second batch of cookies that I made from the Almond Cookie Dough.  These crescents were fun to make but I definitely need work in shaping them.  It wasn't hard at all but I think I might make them a bit thinner as these were a little too thick for my palate.  I left some out for the family to taste but not many as I need to freeze them for next weekend's party here at Spottswood Place.  It's not like we have any desserts since it's only two days after Thanksgiving and there's plenty of pumpkin, mincemeat and a little bit of chocolate cream pie left.  Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...